FlowFuse 1.11 makes it easier to get started with FlowFuse and Node-RED
Our latest release includes a new starter tier for FlowFuse Cloud, Personal Access Tokens for API access and improvements to device management.
FlowFuse 1.11 introduces a new starter tier for FlowFuse Cloud that makes it easier to get started with FlowFuse and Node-RED.
It is now easier for Node-RED developers to get started with FlowFuse and Node-RED. The new starter tier allows developers to use two Node-RED instances and two remote device deployments. Ideal for creating proof of concepts or running a home automation system with Node-RED.
FlowFuse provides a cloud hosted version of Node-RED so developers don't need to worry about Node-RED installation or operation. This makes it a lot easier to get started with Node-RED and easier to maintain a running instance.
FlowFuse APIs are now accessible via personal access tokens (PAT). This makes it possible to create automation scripts that interact with the FlowFuse platform using the API and authenticate the scripts with the PAT.
A number of usability improvements have been added to the FlowFuse device management solution to make it more flexible and intuitive to use. These improvements include being able to associate devices at the application level allowing for easier editing of Node-RED instances on edge devices.
Earlier in August, FlowForge announced a change to our company and product name to FlowFuse. Work has begun to change the product branding to FlowFuse. The UI has been rebranded and the remaining points will be changed in the next release.
# Other New Features
- Add ability to add a description to an application and display it in the portal #2279
- UI Improvements to device management #2427
- Improve landing page for documentation #842
- Restructure of user interface navigation #2474
# Bug Fixes
- Device running old snapshot #132
# What's next?
We're always working to enhance your experience with FlowFuse. Here's how you can stay informed and contribute:
- Roadmap Overview: Check out our Product Roadmap Page to see what we're planning for future updates.
- Entire Roadmap: Visit our Roadmap on GitHub to follow our progress and contribute your ideas.
- Feedback: We're interested in your thoughts about FlowFuse. Your feedback is crucial to us, and we'd love to hear about your experiences with the new features and improvements. Please share your thoughts, suggestions, or report any issues on GitHub.
Together, we can make FlowFuse better with each release!
# Try it out
If you'd rather use our hosted offering: Get started for free on FlowFuse Cloud.
# Upgrading FlowFuse
FlowFuse Cloud is already running 1.11.
If you installed a previous version of FlowFuse and want to upgrade, our documentation provides a guide for upgrading your FlowFuse instance.
# Getting help
- How to Use Private Custom Nodes in FlowFuse?
- Custom Vuetify components for Dashboard 2.0
- Updating our branding across GitHub, npm and Dockerhub
- How ChatGPT improves Node-RED Developer Experience
- Share & Preview Flows on flows.nodered.org